Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another week...



All is well here! We are rockin' at this lifestyle change!


On Sunday we attended a wedding *see photo. We did pretty good. It was a 'dry' wedding so no alchohol was served, only soda. Tony and I drank water. We made small 'sacrifices' in order to have a piece of dessert. We passed on the breads and the potatoes while still enjoying our meal. The dessert was delicious, a yummy tiramisu with no guilt attached whatsoever! So you certainly can have your cake and eat it too. :> It's no big deal.

It's important to remember that 90 % good and 10 % bad in your diet is what makes for a balanced, stable lifestyle. The 10 % is not daily, but rather over the course of a month when you are on a weight loss journey. So Sunday was our treat and Monday it was back to the grind!

Working-out with Tony is really working-out (pardon the pun!)...knock on wood! We are both encouraging each other, and spending quality time together. Now if I could just peel him away from the scale...he's becoming a scale hog! I weigh myself almost daily (only in the morning)...I know it's not good. But, this guy...in the shower...out of the shower...scale...coffee...scale...lunch...scale...etc...LOL!

Aside from my scale wars with Tony, I am feeling so great! Remember I went from not being able to walk down my street *due to my hernia surgery and vitamin D deficiency to now taking a brisk walk around my neighbourhood. In addition, I have noticed a huge increase in my stamina and my energy levels! Changes are possible. We just have to focus on the bigger picture and take baby steps from there. I'm most grateful, that I can move, and do things with my kids.
But it's not all roses. When I look at the above photo, I get so dispirited. Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! But, it will make for a great before photo, so I really wanted to publish it. Besides, nobody knows better than me that honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. So here we are!!!

Cheers!
Kimmy

No comments: