Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Whole NEW DAY!

As promised, here is my news. Forgive me for blabbing and carrying on as you know I'm famous for that and ALWAYS have so much information to share.



So Rob Lagana has been a long time acquaitance of my husband Tony. On Saturday, we went to a Royal Italian event (we ate for 12 hours, no exageration!) Anyhow, Tony ran into someone who has been working with Rob. Thus far, he has lost 70 lbs (in 7 months!) and was telling Tony how he loved working with Rob etc...



Between course number 7 and 8 (LOL!) Tony proceeded to tell me about Rob (which I had heard since Rob has had quite a bit of publicity), but kind of forgotten about (selective memory !) I offered my persuasion to Tony as I think that if he does it, I will too. It's really hard to eat well, when your hubby insists you keep the junk cupboard stocked full tilt! If it's not in the house, I won't eat it, but if it is...it calls me! :>



Tony had previously done another weight loss gimmick program where he lost 100lbs in 4 months (exageration!), and gone mental on us all! I mean he almost left me, crazyness for sure! LOL Seriously, research shows that these fast take weight loss programs really screw-up your system. Tony was losing his hair, his skin looked grey and clearly he was NOT thinking straight! LOL I've heard/read countless stories of such...In the end, Tony gained all of his weight back. He looks back on this time as sure hell and crazyness. Like he told Rob yesterday: "he just went mental!". Not good!



So Rob walked us through his program. All I have to say is AWESOME. No gimmicks, no needles and no promises. He will work with us, and the rest is really up to us. So true! The most disgracful thing of all (and a real eye opener) is Rob was recommending some supplements, and work-out gear etc...for us. Guess what! Fish oils liquid form: CHECK! In the fridge brand new! Whey protein powder. CHECK! In a the cupboard Supersized! An exercise ball. CHECK in the basement collecting dust! Weights. CHECK! Name the size...and we even have a variety of colours! Treadmill. Elliptical. CHECK! CHECK CHECK CHECK!!! We have all the tools, and plus...now it's to use them and be CONSISTENT ABOUT IT!



So here I am off again. I'm excited and nervous for many reasons. First of all, I'm having to carry myself and Tony for a bit until Tony gets into the swing of things. The good thing is we are now both on the same page (cue throwing out all garbage food!), and our family will benefit immensly for this journey we are embarking on. We are also going to be working-out together, so that should be fun! :>

However, I don't want to fail again at this weight loss stuff. I'm putting myself out there because I want to inspire others too. I know I can do it. We all can.



On Tuesday, I got the speaches of speaches from my physician (the universe comes to us in many ways...hammer in full swing! :>), my bad cholesterol is borderline high, and my good cholesterol is borderline low. My vitamin D was dangerously low (as reported) causing my legs to cramp and shake, causing my legs not to work (!), giving me shaky hands, raising my heart rate high, speech issues, headaches, etc...(being low on vitamin D is no joke!) As she reminded me, I'm 36 years old and overweight (thanks I know!). It's time to take back the control of my life otherwise these health issues will just pile-up. So true! I got officially weighed-in with her, and have all my blood work to compare with in 6 months (after being with Rob for six months). I'm looking forward to showing myself and my physician that I can do it!



So now I'm in....

2 comments:

Joania said...

Hi Kimmy! Noticed you're following my blog so I decided to check yours out and BOY WAS I PLEASANTLY surprised to read your latest post!! I'm a client of Rob Lagana and all I have to say is that he is FABULOUSLY AMAZING, knowledgeable, supportive, and just overall KICKASS!!! He knows his stuff...I've lost 53 pounds in 6 months following his program and I know the best is yet to come. You WILL succeed following Rob's program. Anyway, that's it :) I could go on for days...good luck with your journey, I'll be following you...lets do this together!!!!

Kimmy said...

Joania, you are an INSPIRATION! I look forward to reading all about your success' and will celebrate with you when you reach your goal!
You go girl!
Love, Love your blog!!!
Let's do this together, I'm in! :>