Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 1

Well, Day 1 went off without to much of a hitch!

Trying to support my hubby is going to be harder than I thought...lol! Week 1 was to stay away from Soda's (None) and sugared fruit juices. As well as implement a few other things...

HOWEVER, Tony decided that Rob didn't say "NO ICE CREAM", so proceded to have a bowl (and the biggest bowl I've ever seen) followed by cheesies. I finally spoke-up when he was heading for the Mr. Freezies! Why is it that when we feel we are 'restricted' (which we are not by the way) do we feel the need to eat more? I've never seen Tony do such a thing. So this morning, I sat him down and told him...just because you are 'allowed' doesn't mean you can go overboard. MODERATION is the key or a healthier choice for example, frozen yogurt. Plus, would he have starved to death last night? Absoluetly not! One thing I have learned throughout my years of weight loss battles is that self-talk is imperative. In this case, just affirming that; "I have eaten enough today to sustain my body through the night" could be enough to keep you from over snacking. Nonetheless, I have a job to do, and that is to go through all the cupboards, the fridge and the freezer and get rid of anything that is not acceptable health wise. ARGHHH!!! :>

Okay, so I don't think I've ever blogged about my 'dream'. I've always dreamed of running a 5K race (cue in the music of "Chariots of Fire"...lmao!). One time (a few years back) I was stoked to do a Run for The Cure with my niece. We talked and talked about it, and we both were to start training for it. Well, a month before the actual event, Jess called and asked if I was ready!? I had forgotten all about it! (I still feel bad about that...sorry Jess...) LMAOOOOOOOOOOO! Last year, I had my hernia so it was out of the question. Now, I am out of shape...so who knows. But, I'm putting it out there and will chat with Rob about it. Determination can do a lot of things.

That's all for now...

Have a great day!
Kimmy

No comments: