Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer is here!

Happy Summer Solstice everyone! My kids are almost done school! Youppie! They are so tired this time of year as most kids are. My oldest Diodato seems more tired than usual. I think the hormones are kicking in big time. He grew another inch since last month. In addition, his voice mail message on his cell needs to be updated, his voice has deepened and changed so much since he got his cell. When his voice mail pick's up it's like a stranger has recorded the message. I haven't told him, because it still freaks me out, and my hubby thinks it's actually someone else's voice. I can attest that it is in fact the voice of my little boy...now growing-up. It's really not easy seeing your little boy turning into a man.

Hopefully, this will be the summer of big changes for our family. I managed to clean out and organize our basement! YES! Our basement is not finished, yet...and since the move it's been a disaster. That's one thing of having a finished basement, at least everything has a 'home'. Since the move to the new house here, I've noticed the basement feels more like a 'dungeon'. I loved our finished basement in our previous home, and hope in the near future to finish this one as well.

Anyhow, work-out area done! Check. Today, I'm getting rid of all our 'white' pasta. Coming from an italian guy that is a big step for Tony. (I tried to go whole wheat a year or so ago, and got crap! But, now that a professional has mentioned it...it's gospel!) Nonetheless, we are going whole wheat! Yes! I feel like putting a sticker on our front door! :> We are also going 'juice' free. Only 100 % fruit juice will be available in this home, no more soda's. My boys are going to be drinking milk, chocolate milk or water from now on. So positive changes in this household! These are changes that will affect everyone. I love it!

Last night, I had a huge chocolate craving. Remember, I'm the gal that ate all the easter chocolate before easter. I can eat pounds and pounds of chocolate in one sitting, digest and go in for more. I'm a chocoholic. So, I made myself some fat-free chocolate pudding. Yummy! It did the trick, crisis averted...still on the wagon! One point for me! :>

Well, I better stop blabbing...I'm planning to do some yoga today. House still messy or not. That is one of my pitfalls in life. I feel the need to have my house in perfect order before taking anytime for myself. With four boys in our home, it's near impossible...and the house is never perfect until everyone is in bed at which point: I'm exhausted. So today, half hour of yoga time!

Have a great day!
Yogalicious :)

No comments: