Wednesday, June 24, 2009

News...and Life (!)


A few topics to cover, so I'll be babbling again today (I think I like to babble :>)

First off, let's get to the good news! I cheated a day early and checked the scale. The verdict:
- 3lbs! Yahoo...awesome. What amazes me is what taking sugared juices and soda out of your diet will do. Amazing. I'm feeling amazing too. I already noticed a huge difference in my energy level. Tony and I cleaned the basement, and organized the garage. Not only are we cleaning our bodies up, we are cleaning house too! :>

A bonus! I did the yoga! It felt great...so Monday's are yoga days!
This week we are doing no white flour. I don't think that will be to difficult since Tony is willing to switch to whole wheat pasta and we pretty much do all whole wheat (whole grain) already. However, I bet little Carmelo will have something to say about that...I'll keep you posted!

Speaking of Carmelo! Ah, I love that kid! Sometimes, he drives me crazy....Diodato (his older brother) is done school (graduated from grade 8 and going to grade 9 :<...my baby in highschool :<) So anyhow, Carmy finishes school tomorrow. "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? What do you mean I have two more days of school and HE is done? Who set-up that stupid deal? I am not going to school....call the secretary and you tell her that I'm done." I managed to get him up and dressed, as he was walking out the door, he turned and continued: "ya might of got me there today, but I'm talking to my teacher and there's no way I'm going tomorrow!" You can't help but laugh, because he's not rude or bold. He just expects things as though he was a king in a past life or something. I'm probably not far off the mark since he's already asked me to buy him emerald, sapphire and diamond rings. One for each finger!

Furthermore, last week Carmelo was in his class play. He dressed in his Sunday best, his suit and looked so cute. Anyhow, after the play was done...parents, grand-parents and other randoms proceeded to Carmelo to compliment him on his great performance. I'm not over exagerating. Nor am I one of those parents who thinks her kid is the kid of all kids, the greatest and only child in the world! I do have two other great kids! LOL...no, seriously, I think all kids are amazing. Back to the play. As everyone took their turns patting, complimenting and shaking Carmelo's hand, Tony and I just look at each other bewildered. How does everyone know him? Secondly...Carmy was shaking everyone's hand like a pro and adding: "...thanks for coming. It was a pleasure. Thank you. Thank you very much!...." Okay! This was not a play about CARMELO? WT>>>>In the end, we just laughed it off as a "That's Carmelo for ya!"

Well, that's enough for today! I was going to comment about the Jon and Kate drama. But, I can't possibly get into that after talking about Carmelo!

I'll blog my opinions on that tomorrow (I promise!).

Cheers to 3 lbs gone!
Kimmy

No comments: