Saturday, June 20, 2009

On My Way...

Well, things are going well. Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and stocked-up on healthy foods such as berries, spinach, chicken as well as healthy snacks like pudding, yogurt and such. Do you know how difficult it is to locate a juice that is 100% juice? VERY! I never paid attention before. Lesson learned, just because it's advertised as 100 % fruit juice doesn't mean it is! Note the first ingredient: glucose-fructose=sugar!


I also cleaned out the house of 'junk' food. A garbage bag full! It was very empowering! Today, I'll be cleaning-up and organizing the basement to set up a work-out area for us. (Time to dust off the elliptical, treadmill etc...) It really feels great. I got my i-pod boosted with new music (I'm finding a new love for Lady Gaga...lol!)

So far things have been pretty easy for me. Funny, how I've gone from eating a bag of nibs (the jumbo!) to not wanting even sugar in my morning latte. But, that's me. When I'm on...I'm on. I've been down this road before and lost over 100lbs. I know what I have to do. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING as good as being thin and fit. I have to focus on that picture, and stop feeling so damn guilty about gaining most of it back. One day at a time...

However, I can already attest that I feel awesome! Amazing what eating clean even for three days can do!! I'm looking forward to the first weigh-in (set for next Saturday), I'll keep you all posted on Tony's progress as well.

Cheers!
Kimmy

No comments: