Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Time is a ticking and my fat needs a burnin'!"

LMAO....that is a funny quote! Oprah! You can quote me on that one!

So I did it! Not without a few hitches. But, I managed to get to the gym at 9 am! Guess what? I didn't melt either! lol I managed to have a great conversation with my trainer, and get 40 minutes of cardio in. I even stopped at Shoppers on the way home.

It felt amazing! Yep! I got my work-out in. I've already drank 3 glasses of water. I'm well on my way to a great day! So 100 club; get ready because I'm joining!

I've been re-reading Bob Greene's "The Best Life Diet". So on that weight training topic (remember that nutritionist saying it was a waste of time), Bob feels that weight training is imperative to being successful at weight loss. It's important to build muscle as during weight loss, you will lose muscle. So it makes a perfect balance. Most importantly, muscle burns more fat...and builds up your metabolism. So you want to build muscle and weight training to tone and tighten. It's crucial! Equally as crucial is cardio. Cardio burns fat! No way around it, if you want to lose weight; ya gotta do cardio at least 5 times a week! Bob also recommends aiming for 8 glasses of water a day. That's reasonable and still in a healthy range. Anything more, and you automatically feel overwhelmed, which in turn makes you drink less water. I love Bob!

I also did the Tracy Anderson Method. Her dance cardio...was really difficult for me as I'm a very uncoordinated gal. My son attempted to video me for his new YouTube debut!!! Maybe funny to some, but to me...NOT. LOL "Tracy Anderson this is what uncoordinated rejects look trying to do your dance cardio work-out!"
But, I did work-up a sweat and my heart rate was definitely high. What I love about Tracy's method (besides the fact that she's got a beautiful body and glow!) is that her method makes so much sense. If you always do the treadmill, the bike or the elliptical for cardio for example, your body gets used to that. So, you are always using the same muscles over and over again. That builds bulk. Throwing in a change, really is good for overall balance and definition. Plus, it's a change and a great compliment to any fitness regimen.

I also did Tracy's matt work DVD. This one: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! If you don't believe me, have you looked at Gwyneth Paltrow or Madonna lately? So the insight on this one is this: weight training is awesome for big muscle groups. But, there's also fine muscle ligaments that don't get worked-out during regular weight training. Tracy takes you through a series of moves that target those smaller muscles to give you a long, lean and defined look. To pull everything in. This can be done alone, or complimentary to your weight training regime. Although, I don't recommend doing both in the same day! OUCH!!!
I can attest that I did it last night (only maybe half), because it was TOUGH. This morning I woke-up feeling really tight in parts of my body...where I didn't even know I had muscles! LMAO
I plan on doing Tracy's cardio work-out once a week, for a nice change and her matt work at least twice a week.

So this is my new schedule:

  • Monday: Weight Train (with my Personal Trainer) and Cardio
  • Tuesday: Cardio (am) and Tracy A. Matt work
  • Wednesday: Weight Train (with my PT) and Cardio
  • Thursday: Cardio (am)
  • Friday: Cardio (am) Tracy A. Matt work/ or yoga
  • Saturday: Tracy A. Cardio
  • Sunday: OFF

Looks busy! It's the only way to be successful.

How bad do you want it?

Have a great day!

Hugs!!!

Kimmy

No comments: