Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Music and a Song That Will Inspire Me Always!


Music has always been known to invigorate and move us. Since the beginning of times, humans have used music as a vehicle of emotion. Music embodies expression like nothing else. It is a magical inspirit.
Music can also inspire us.

Spirit often speaks to us and touches us through the music. It has been said often that we can receive divine guidance through music. Have you ever thought of a song, only to turn on the radio and the exact song was playing? Or have you been in a mood, and hear a song playing that mimic your mood? Or have you been stuck pondering a decision only to hear your answer through a song? Do you always hear a song playing over and over again? Maybe there's a message waiting for you to comprehend it?
We are all affected by music differently. Sometimes, I will be put in a direct mood simply by a song I have heard.
I love music. I am moved by many songs. Some of which will define me forever.

Many years ago, my life was in a downward spiral. My hubby and I were down and out. I had lost a baby through an ectopic rupture that almost took my own life. In addition, I was struggling with major issues with my own mother. I was overwhelmed, frustrated and so lost. I was surrounded by hopelessness. I was deeply saddened . I was depressed, and probably suicidal. I went through my days, in a ritual motion of non-existence. Even though, I had many family and friends standing by me...I still felt completely alone. For sure, I had hit rock bottom. I look back at this time as a very dark period of my life. My entire spirit was surrounded by a black cloud of despair!

One song would change all of that and lift me out....
I sat down to watch Oprah Winfrey (I know ...her again!...I am always so inspired by Oprah. I cannot help myself!). It was Oprah's Birthday. I will never forget that moment when the wall was lifted and out popped Tina Turner belting out "Simply The Best". It was a moment in my history when all time stood still. As I stood up and danced along with John Travolta, Gayle and Oprah...something deep within lit up. The changes were going to have to come from me. I am the best...I have to be my best. I have to live my best. Nothing or no one else mattered. If my husband were to love me, he would love me for me and not for someone I wanted to portray. I couldn't go on living the way I was. It was time to pull myself out of this mess. I had to be me...simply the best! Those words, that song, so profound so significant. Every beat, every word resonated so deeply within. So poignant to the turn around change of events. I cannot describe it fully into words. But, for me it was like that huge dark black cloud was blown away. Really, I felt like I saw the light! From that moment on I changed my way of thinking, I altered my path significantly. I changed my attitude. I began to appreciate who I was and what I had. I realized many things. I began to be happy...just happy. I opened the door for nothing but the best....Me! I would from that day on let my spirit shine through, no matter what! It would be a pivotal moment in the events to come forth that year and years to come. That moment shifted everything for me and everyone around me!
I don't look back upon these times in sadness, rather I look back in gratitude, for great magnificent lessons were learned during these times. I am a stronger person, and have stronger relationships because of this.
Still to this day, when I hear that song...I am reminded of that time. I get goose bumps! Warm shivers go down my spine. I feel such a love and connection to that song. I listen to that song on my ipod and it makes me focus, strive for better, be a better person, appreciate everything in life (and work-out harder!). The whole of the song inspires me deeply. Be a vehicle of LOVE. BE THE BEST I WAS MEANT TO BE! I am blessed to have heard the message. I am guided. The song remains for me a powerful reminder of the importance of divine force, spirit, and fate. How crucial faith, optimism and hope are in our lives. Most significantly, it reminds me that attitude can shift everything!

So next time you hear a song, really listen to the message it's sending you. You just never know it might be life changing ! :)


Simply the Best

Tina Turner

I call you when I need you, my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me wild and wired
Mmm, you come to me Give me everything I need
Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak a language of love like you know what it means
Mmm, it can't be wrong
Take my heart and make it strong, baby
You're simply the best, better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart, I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart no, no, baby, I would rather be dead In your heart
I see the star of every night and every day
In your eyes I get lost, I get washed away
Just as long as I'm here in your arms
I could be in no better place
You're simply the best, better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
I'm stuck on your heart, I hang on every word you say
Tear us apart no, no, baby, I would rather be dead
Each time you leave me I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh baby, don't let go
Ooh you're the best (woo)
Better than all the rest
Better than anyone, anyone I've ever met
Ooh, I'm stuck on your heart,
I hang on every word you say
Don't tear us apart no, no, no,
Baby, I would rather be dead
Oooh, you're the best!

No comments: