Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sometimes Everything Happens For a Reason!

News and Update!
  1. I lost another pound...so 34 lbs down!
  2. 1 more pound to go and I win the bet with my "incognito training partner"!
  3. 5 lbs to go and I win the Lulu lemon bet!
"Everything happens for a reason.
Every action has a reaction.
Always remember that whats meant to be
will always find a way to come about.”
-Author Unknown
It's been five weeks since I began training with my new female trainer. Of those weeks, we've only successfully trained three times one week. Thursday nights is the unlucky night. In the past, I trained Friday's at 8pm. It was perfect, as I came home afterwards and didn't feel so rushed to put the kids to bed. With the new trainer unavailable Friday nights, Thursday's was the only option. We are normally scheduled to train at 8 pm Thursday night. However, it's a school night and having to leave when there's homework, and bedtime routine is stressful. Add in violin and guitar lessons and it adds for a turbulent night.
So when my trainer called and cancelled on Thursday I pondered reflectively. Why does this keep happening? Evidently, Thursday nights are not the optimum training time. Obviously, it's time for a change. That much I comprehended. But, upon further deliberation many things came to light. For one, my "incognito training partner" has expressed that come time for renewing our training sessions in four weeks time, she won't be renewing. So, I will be training on my own with the trainer. That means, the cost of my training sessions will go up (group training is much cheaper than private training). I figured out that I can reduce my training sessions to twice a week, and ask my trainer to fully concentrate on weight and core training during this time. I can work on my cardio on my own. I certainly don't need to pay someone to watch me sweat while I run or bike. Moreover, if I work-out once at home (with Tracy Anderson Method, or do Yoga/Pilates) plus dust off my elliptical and my treadmill and go to the gym on my own another time; that will be four or five days of working-out. It's a perfect solution and I'm saving money!
In sum, I came to the decision to quit training on Thursday's with my trainer. Not that I did anyhow. But, now I'm only scheduled to train twice a week, I will make more effort to either work-out at home, or go to the gym and do cardio! This will make my life, and my family life much easier!
So sometimes everything does happen for a reason...and it always works out in the end!

No comments: