Friday, October 17, 2008

State of Confusion...

I am so confused. I am writing now because come tomorrow am...I will have it all sorted out some how or some way.

I just returned from seeing a nutritionist. CAN YOU HERE ARGH!?????

Her view on things is quite different. This lady researched food etc... for years. I can feel she's on the right track with things. Nonetheless, I feel quite lost and confused right now.

So she told me that I should NOT be weight training. Not until I've lost some more weight. She also said that for every inch of my body I have one pound of fat! How depressing!!! She was pretty on the ball though and told me I need to get my a@@ out of bed in the morning to do cardio (that she believes in).

My hubby is going to sign-up and visit her on a weekly basis. Which I think is wonderful. Oh, and another thing she was telling us that famous clinic that injects patients to lose weight...well she did research and believes that whatever it is that it's the needle makes people crazy. It takes a few years for the effect to wear off. I can attest that my hubby did that 'diet'...and even he admitted it made him 'crazy'. As he said: "he lost his mind...and did things that he would never think of doing under normal conditions!". Wow! So forgiven! hahahaha

Anyhow, this lady really seems to know what she's talking about. She had amazing pointers that I'm happy to share with you, and some not so.

For instance, popcorn. Did you ever hear that popcorn is bad for you? I'm devastated (it's one of my favourite foods) to report that popcorn swells in your stomach. Moreover, it stays stuck in your colon for over a week and plugs you up literally. She says that eat more than one cup of popcorn and the week after weigh yourself! She guarantees a weight gain every time. That's the thing she stands by, the foods we eat take about a week to affect us. That is why we would never associate a weight gain with popcorn. People like me can gain up to 7lbs from popcorn. I would continue to eat it for a pound or two, but not for 7lbs!

Also, an apple isn't just an apple. There are bad fruit and good fruit. She believes that if you eat an apple, the body treats the sugar in the apple equal to the sugar of a chocolate bar. So if you are trying to lose weight...apples are not the way to go apparently! She has a list of fruit that are 'better' for you.

I will give more information as it comes back to me. Right now I'm so sad. She told me to quit going to the gym, I'm just wasting my time. She's right...I'm really taking off pounds slowly.

I'm going to bed, or maybe not...my hubby is waiting to watch 'Rambo' with me as apparently he says it's as good as "Jack Bauer" on 24. There's no comparison in my mind. Nobody like Jack...but to him there is, and if it makes him happy (besides his waiting on the couch right now with some blankets and pillows to cuddle...hahaha)

Have a good night...and I forgot to mention...before you have your coffee tomorrow morning, make sure to drink at least 2 litres of water! I think I'll start with 2 glasses!!!

Bonne nuit!
Kimmy

No comments: