Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Gratitude!

Happy Thanksgiving!





"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." - Cicero


So it was a 'busy' week-end...but I took in a lot. "It's really important to look at things in a spiritual light, everything has spiritual meaning as we are spiritual beings after all." - Oprah


This Thanksgiving/Wedding week-end, made me really appreciate alot. Not JUST because it was Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving makes me realize, that it's not only about the day. But, daily thankfulness is crucial to staying in the moment. Gratitude is all about having a GReat Attitude. But, there's so much more to it than just an 'attitude'. Our lives are all busy. But, taking the time to say; "thank you", "I appreciate that", " amazing" etc...brings us all back to the now, the importance of today. It's so easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday. Slowing down even for a few minutes to show thankfulness is a great way to open up channels. We all need to feel appreciated, valued and loved. Most importantly, we are all blessed, and showing gratitude is acknowledging the good fortune and putting the 'bad' fortune behind you.


I love Thanksgiving day. It is one of my favourite holidays. The turkey, stuffing mashed potatoes, gravy and pumpkin pie are a bonus. :) hahaha!
I always take the time to say a special prayer of gratitude on that day. I try to count my blessings daily. But, Thanksgiving is a special day for me. How the circle of life is at the same time fragile and grand. Upon reflection, how we are all blessed each in our own special way unique to us.
I am blessed, to have beautiful, healthy children, a spouse who loves me, family, sisters who care and give me the time of day, friends who are loyal and kind etc...That is my list.
Thanksgiving, is a perfect time for reflection.

No comments: