Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Breaking News!


5 x

(5 lbs of Fat)

=


- 25 lbs!!!!



I took a peek at the scale today. I'm so happy I did. What a day to do it on: Happy Anniversary to us! (I'm having wine and Fratelli's tonight! :>)


So as I said before I was on the cusp of a major milestone breakthrough. I am there! 205 lbs is a major turning point for me.




  • In 2003-2004, I lost over a 100 lbs and reached my goal weight of 150 lbs. In the midst of a turmoiling year to say the least, I began the journey of gaining it back. When things settled in my life, I found myself at about 165-170 lbs. I was training with a new trainer, and when he made the moves on me...I quit. (I was never used to getting attention from men.) Then my hubby and I got back on the right track, and I began fertility treatment to try for our third child (after having lost one). As anyone who has ever done hormone treatment: weight gain is inevitable. I packed on some more weight...but I didn't care as my goal was to have another child. I got pregnant.


  • However, reality hit me when I stepped on the scale at the ob/gyn's office. I was four months pregnant and the scale read: 206 lbs! I was devastated. I was back in the 200's officially. I had mixed emotions as my pregnancy had had a few road bumps, and the baby's life was in jeopardy. So I closed my eyes, thanked God for my healthy baby and vowed to turn the page once again.

  • One year after the birth of my miracle baby Antonio, I set on the weight loss journey again. I had gained all of my weight back. It took me about a year and I was down to 205 lbs. I was in the groove, losing it slowly and working-out with a new trainer consistently. I had organized my time, and was on a new path. Then my huge cyst on my ovary came, then my hernia. It was November 2008; http://alightway.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-hurdle-on-my-journey.html. I had no choice but to stop working-out. I weighed 205 lbs - 207 lbs. Everything stopped. Lost, and frustrated...I piled back the weight on.

It has taken me an entire year, to get back to this point. I had surgery in May, and my recovery was very slow and painful. Nonetheless, lying on that couch with nothing to do but think, I envisioned finding myself back to 205 lbs and continuing the journey where I had left off.

I am here!!!!

Cheers!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Kimmy! That is wonderful news! I admire your strength. Keep on fighting the good fight.