Friday, November 6, 2009

The Power of Healthy Eating

Back from my physician's with powerful information.

Back in May, my family doctor had informed me that my cholesterol levels were high. Normally, she would prescribe something as she was alarmed. I was morbidly obese. My blood pressure was high and so was my heart rate.

Here were my cholesterol levels:

CHOL (Total Cholesterol)

5.19 and lower is good 6.14

TG (Triglycerides--another form of fat in your blood )

2.29 and lower is good 3.83

HDL (good) cholesterol--helps keep cholesterol from building up in the arteries )

1.3 - 99999 is good .90


My blood pressure was also high as well as my heart rate.

Also, my LDL goal (% risk for heart disease) was HIGH. People in this category usually suffer a heart attack or stroke within 10 years!!! I am only 36 years old...that was reality in the face!

So I hooked up with Rob Lagana and made some serious lifestyle changes. I also met with Bruce Bonner and further made more improvements in my diet.

Here are today's results only after changing my lifestyle for six months: NO MEDS!

May 11 November 6

CHOL

6.14 (High)

5.00 (Perfect!)

TG

3.83 (High)

1.21 (Perfect!)

HDL

.90 (Low, not good as this is the good cholesterol)

1.3 (Perfect!)

My risk target went from High to LOW! Amazing!

On the other hand, my blood pressure and heart rate were still on the high side. I know that the cause of it, is my anxiety levels and all that is going on in my house. It's always busy here and I stress myself out over having the perfect clean home, the nice dinner on the table, spending time with my kids, taking them to their activities, working-out, training, spending time with my husband, doing my school work etc...the constant to and fro of friends and visitor's at the door. It's getting to be to much for me and my body is telling me something.

Here is a sample of what I do to myself...it is now 3 pm.
  • I have one more bed to make
  • a bathroom to tidy
  • another load of laundry to do
  • dishwasher to empty
  • lunch for myself
  • pick-up Carmy at 4:30
  • Banking
  • Grocery store (for dinner)
  • A school assignment to work on
  • Cardio
  • Weight Training
  • Dinner
  • Clean-up

That is IF I have no interruptions.

Nonetheless, focus on the positive! I got an A+ from my physician today, and if it wasn't for H1N1 she said she would have given me a HIGH-FIVE! LOL

All this to show you the amazing power of healthy eating! You can change anything...just set your mind to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational. You must be so proud of yourself for getting those levels where they belong!!!

CanadianMama said...

Congrats - that is great news!