Friday, November 27, 2009

Bigger Issues on the Horizon


In regards to my post below, seems I have bigger, lingering issues on the horizon. The following is my conversation with Carmelo (my 8 year old son).


Carmelo: " Mom, Gabriella has a cute car. Eh?"

Me: "Sure, she does Carmy!
(taking the opportunity to instill what I had just finished posting)
Gabriella works hard, and she gets good grades. You work hard too, and when you're sixteen you can have a cute car like her!"

Carmelo: (not missing a beat, and with a tone of insult in his voice)

- "Oh, ya, I'm going to work hard alright...but not for a freakin' Toyota! It's a Lamborghini or nothing for me! Remember I'm going to be rich and when I'm sixteen...I'll be driving that Lambo!"

Who am I to be a dream killer?! I just can't win....LOL

4 comments:

Joania said...

This Carmelo of yours is exactly what you need in your life!! Live, Love laugh baby! :)

Kimmy said...

So true...you never know what he is going to say. He's a classic that one, perhaps I should start blogging more about him.

:>

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmy,

Thanks for letting me know what happened. Sorry you received a nasty comment. You never know what you are going to get out here in the cyber world That sucks!

Hugs to you!

Everyday Superhero said...

Why settle for anything but the best?

Sounds like your Carmelo is like my Pea.