Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Lesson Learned...and an Apology

Upon further reflection...
Perhaps, it is time for me "to take a good look in the mirror"!

I am a firm believer in the power of the universe, and lessons learned upon a journey. I also know that sometimes, we must take ownership, and own what we create. This shows us and the world who we truly are. Running, is only for cowards.

Recently, I blogged about my experiences working-out as an unfit, overweight girl. Let me firmly point out, that not long ago...I was on the other side of the fence; a fit, thin girl. So am blogging as someone who has a perspective on both sides of the coin, so to speak.

Nonetheless, perhaps I jumped to quick to judgement and reflected my own feelings, or 'insecurities' as someone pointed out to me. With all do respect, yes I do have alot of issues in that department. I am very frustrated with my body because I am no longer the fit person I used to be. I let myself go way beyond.

Whenever I work-out now, my recent hernia surgery is ALWAYS at the back of my mind. I can clearly hear the words of a woman I encountered who was complaining of her hernia: "good luck to you sweetie...I've had the surgery four times. It doesn't work, and be careful not to pop out again!" Great?! The last thing I want is to go through that again!

As well, my body is failing me on other accounts too. My accelerated heart rate, my low vitamin D deficiency that just won't go away no matter how much vitamin D I consume. Recently, my fall and my injured tail bone. Equally, I cannot be the stubborn girl that is bursting within me. I must control myself, and take it easy.

However, this post is not about my 'truths' and my "insecurity reflecting because YOU feel like you're overweight and unfit."

All this to say...that I wish I was "Fit Queen". As I previously blogged, I aspire to be people like them. The way they flow, and make working-out look so effortlessly easy. The way they are so in shape, and their body responds with strength and agility. It is wondrous! Perhaps, my Anonymous commentator was too quick to judge my post, and missed that part?

Regardless, I realize I made a quick assumption and for that I apologize. I stepped out of line. I am eating crow (hopefully, it's not to high in calories and fat! ha ha ha), and should know better. I am not a mean spirited person, and meant no ill will at all in my post.

I have chosen NOT to publish the comment under my Love and Support wall. At the end of the day, I want to hold on to the positive: Love and Support!

Winston Churchhill once said: “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.”

Namaste,
Kimmy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimmy,
I always value your thoughts, experiences and opinions.

However, intuition is a very powerful thing, and don't let someone pounce on your 'insecurities' by flipping a mirror in your direction.

I love your approach to this situation.

Continue to inspire!
Love and Support,
Elaine (I don't want to hide behind the "Anonymous" Wall)

Kimmy said...

Thank you Elaine!

Your kind words are just what I needed!

xox

Everyday Superhero said...

If you don't have one already, get a light box and use it EVERYDAY. This is what I have http://www.truesun.com/Morning_Sunrise_System_SRS320.php

I use mine for a minimum of 15 mins each day, while reading at night. I often use it as my alarm as well and wake up to it. I use it everyday and YEAR ROUND (including the summer) and have found an improvement in my mood and energy level, especially in the cold, dark days of winter.

Anonymous said...

I think I missed something. Did someone post something you didn't like anonymously?

Joania said...

Kimmy
You are fabulous and wonderful.

There isn't a person on this earth that doesn't make mistakes however, only VERY FEW are STRONG enough to learn from those mistakes and move forward!! I am so proud of you and sending you nothing but positive energy right now - can you feel it? :)

You will always get love and support from this gal!!

I'm very proud of you...keep pushing strong and stay on your path!! Success is just around the corner for you - keep at it!

Lots of hugs
Joania

Kimmy said...

Kimberley:
Yep...I need to learn to control my 'judgements' and my 'emotions'. More importantly, before I blog: I need to take a look in the mirror and ensure my securities are not reflecting my opinions. Lesson learned...I am humbled.

Stefania:
Thank you! I will certainly look into that. Now why hasn't my physician recommended that to me?

Joania:
(bowing) From the Queen herself, I am touched and humbled.
Your comment brought tears to my eyes.
I surely can feel your positive energy!!!
Thank you!!!

I hope to continue to inspire you all, and not disappoint you...

Much Love, Gratitude to everyone...who post comments...good or bad :>
I appreciate them all!
Kimmy

Everyday Superhero said...

Your physician probably doesn't know about light therapy. I bet it's not taught in med school b/c it's all anecdotal evidence. I swear by it. It's put a real kick in my step. I've been using it for 2 years now everyday.

Some people use it at their desk for 15 minutes. I use mine at night.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Stefania, I will look into it.
Thank you also for adding "Light" to this post!
:>

Anonymous said...

You're just to nice!

Honestly, it's your blog and your opinions.

I don't see you as an insecure person at all. Actually, I've been following your blogs since the very beginnings. I see a strong, courageous and secure person who understands much more than most.

More importantly, it takes guts to put yourself out there and blog your journey. You are raw.

Be proud to look in that mirror girl!

You are beautiful inside and out!

Remember my support when those Oprah producers call you back!

:)