Monday, November 9, 2009

A Mental Block and a Strategy

So I'm heading to the 100's and I'm facing a mental block, I can feel it. After all, it will be the first time in 4 years, I'm back in the 100's. The big thing is that the last time I was in the 100's, and started to look good again for the first time in my life, my hubby lost interest in me and our marriage went downhill. So this is a BIGGIE for me.

I'm trying to assert myself that I can have the best of both worlds; be thin, healthy and my hubby!

My hubby and I have talked it over immensely since this is a mental issue of mine (most likely one of the reason's I packed back the weight on). We've resolved those issues, at least he did. It's still weighs (pardon the pun) heavily on my heart and at the back of my mind.

I'll be totally honest with you all. Yesterday, I had an amazing day (day!). I did weight training and cardio. Eating was right on. I also went for a long walk with my dear walking buddy Carolyn. However, once I got home...I just went on a binge. Binge? I ate
  • nibs (a lot)
  • chocolate (a lot)
  • chips
  • popcorn
  • cola

Why? Why do I do this to myself? I felt sick just typing that...

The 100's are around the corner. I know it. Nonetheless, I'm going to beat this. I want to be healthier and I AM going to be in the 100's so I can wear my rings again, and fit into pretty clothes, and just plain feel better.

I surrounded myself with a team of experts today. I joined Dr. Oz's, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, and Bob Green on Facebook and Twitter. I have to stay on track! No more sabotage!

Have a great week!
Kimmy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Kimmy!!!

Joania said...

Kimmy...DON'T beat yourself up!! Just move on...today is a new day!! Do not dwell on it!! I hit the 100's and the following week allowed myself to go back to the 2's. i don't know what it is but I quickly realized that I did not want to go any further down that road so i got my act together and just moved on!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! FIGHT!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!! :)

Lagana Fitness said...

What's your fear ? Tell yourself the truth and when you do, ask yourself if that's the truth, then tell yourself the truth again. Remember how your body felt, just before you wanted to eat those foods. What did you feel ? Sadness, Anger, Anxiety... I know it's not a good feeling that you felt, because those foods don't promote wellness. Think about how you truly felt, and don't dismiss it, conquer it with LOVE.

You deserve it !