Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thinking...

Just wanted to come here today and quickly blog. I have an exam tonight, so I have to go study.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's not good. I'm stuck. It has been fluctuating between 204-208 lbs. Notice the 4 lbs? If the 4lbs would go in the other direction: I'd be at the 200 lb! The mind is a powerful tool. My brain is keeping me in the 200's. Perhaps even my heart.

Thank you for your kind words Kimberley and Joania. You are both right...I can do this! I am grateful for your love and support. I'm feeling all sorts of emotions, perhaps the stress of my exam is clouding my thoughts right now. So before I go further, I'll be back in a few days with clear intentions.

Rob Lagana sent me a message:
"What's your fear ? Tell yourself the truth and when you do, ask yourself if that's the truth, then tell yourself the truth again. Remember how your body felt, just before you wanted to eat those foods. What did you feel ? Sadness, Anger, Anxiety... I know it's not a good feeling that you felt, because those foods don't promote wellness. Think about how you truly felt, and don't dismiss it, conquer it with LOVE.You deserve it !"

Usually, I have the answer for everything. I don't have an answer for that...I really need to think about it. Because the first thing that came to my mind was:
JUNK FOOD SUNDAY!!!! GET IT ALL IN>>>MONDAY IS IN TWO HOURS! :)

Surely, not the answer I'm looking for. More importantly, that's the attitude that got me in this mess in the first place! On a serious note, the numbers on the scale don't lie, and that is not funny!

Going to think...and think this through. I'll be back....

Kimmy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so raw, and truthful.

Love, love that about you!

Do you think that you do this to yourself on Sunday because you are thinking: "weekend over, back to the work week? It is perhaps stirring up emotions within you of anxiety."

Focus! This is your third time losing the weight, get to the issues...kick that pebble and move forth!!!!

Bisou Bisou

Everyday Superhero said...

Hi!
I found your blog through Lagana Fitness. Your honesty is so appreciated and you're an inspiration. We encounter so many roadblocks that make it hard to reach our goals. It sucks when that roadblock is yourself. I wish you much success and good health. Looking forward to reading future posts.

Kimmy said...

Thank you for your support!

I will overcome this roadblock!!!

xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmy, I am currently where you are. I too don't know why I do this. Like Rob said to you, it doesn't make you feel good so why do it?

To me that is the one million dollar question. If I knew the answer I wouldn't keep stumbling.

Sending you big hugs...

South Beach Steve said...

I have done that very thing so many times. Knowing Monday was the day, I would eat a week's worth of calories on Sunday. Absolutely gorging myself. In my case, I can't honestly say that is my fear though. I don't know what I would call it. It was almost reactionary.

BTW, I found you from Kimberley's blog. I'm glad I stopped by.