Monday, September 15, 2008

What's going on thus far...

So my blog has had a few extra hits in the last day or so...THANK YOU! I hope you are inspired!

For those of you who have not been following religiously my plight...here it is:

I had lost 100 lbs, went through some emotional stuff, worked through it, had another baby (my third) and gained 80 lbs back!
I know...I know...I cry to sometimes at the thought! I worked sooooooo hard to lose that 100 lbs. I was so proud when I got the call from the producers of Oprah. My fear has been another call only to tell them...sorry....I can't come...I'm not a weight loss success story!" I know they will call back someday. hahaha
When I'm doing crunches, or struggling with a work-out; I could just scream out loud! WHY OH WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF AGAIN!!! Moreover, every time, EVERY DAMN TIME I walk into the plus size store I cringe! I thought I would never step foot in that store again! Never say never...So that is why I'm back on the wagon...this time I may fall off occasionally but I will keep up with the wagon and not lose sight of it so far that it disappears completely!

I'm an optimist at heart. Sometimes, I hate that about me too...so it's okay to dislike me occasionally. On the other hand, alot of lessons have been learned throughout this journey. For one, I realize that nothing is a given in life. Especially when it comes to my weight issues. I'm a food addict! Chocolate makes me melt! I was also lucky to marry an italian. I love pasta!!!
This is something I will have to work with for the rest of my life. It's okay. It makes me a better person ( I think)...lol
This is what I have done so far. I have lost 29 lbs and 14 3/4 inches. It doesn't seem like much. I have a secret weapon of a trick that keeps me on track and in reality of how much weight that is. (So if you ever see this at your grocery store; it's my trick!) In the produce aisle, I go and I pick up 3 ten pound bags of potatoes. That's how much I have lost. So if you've lost ten pounds and you think: "ten pounds...big deal"...try it! Or if you've gained ten pounds etc...It will amaze you!
I have gotten myself a personal trainer through Goodlife. I know, I know...it's very expensive. I can completely justify it. For one, the money I spend on a trainer is money I would throw away elsewhere like on purses, clothes (that I never feel comfortable in), products etc...So why not invest in myself and my sanity? Moreover, I have a state of the art gym in my basement complete with every DVD ever made on fitness, yoga, pilates etc...except for one thing; I never make it down there! I'm just a queen procrastinator. I'd rather do fifteen loads of laundry, clean bathrooms, vacuum then go down there to work-out. There is always something that needs to be done around here. Furthermore, I get interrupted a million times in a thirty minute period. So much that a half hour work-out session turns into a two hour fiasco of frustration! So I give-up!!!!
To boot, I was so shy to go back into the gym being overweight...having that trainer by my side helps me feel powerful and convincing.
Having a personal trainer means I'm committed. That's why I'm getting results. When I train, I eat well and I drink my water. Getting a personal trainer is the best money I've ever spent on myself!
With that being said, I better go drink some more water and having a healthy lunch. I'm training today at 4 PM...

Cheers!
Kimmy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cec69micGreat writing my dear friend, Lots of work in this project.
Enjoy the gym, enjoy the challenge and you will achieve your goal.
I have full confidence in your dedication to yourself and to this journey. Love always. Cec. oxo