Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good News; Down another 1 1/4 inches! Yahoooooooooooooo!
I've noticed so many changes, that it's getting more difficult to remember them all!
The other day at Carmelo (my 6 year old)'s soccer game, Antonio ( my 2 year old) bolted and ran for the park. When I realized what he was doing, he was far and on the run! I sped up after him, running as fast as I could. First, I quickly caught-up to him. Secondly, I wasn't out of breath! WOW! To add a third, I didn't look like an elephant trying to run either! hahaha
My face is thinning out. My exercise/running shoes are getting big! Yep, those new Nike shocks that I spend $180 dollars on two months ago. My feet are shrinking! I don't mind at all because it's just another sign that I'm on the right track here.
I'm still going to the gym, and plan on going today too which is normally an 'off' day. I just want to emerge myself in this weight loss journey. I know that if I 110% commit myself, I'll get the results. You have to be passionate about weight loss. It's the only way. Moreover, in order to have weight loss it's crucial to do 5-6 days of cardio, 3 times for weight maintenance. You get what you give and weight loss is NO exception to this. So give alot and you'll get alot. I stand by this rule having gone through this process twice before. I know...I know...what works. You cannot eat a donut after a work-out and expect to lose weight. You cannot go on the treadmill, walk at half a pace and expect to lose weight. You cannot go when you feel like it, and expect to lose weight. There are rules to the game of weight loss. Follow them and you'll be successful.
Work-out consistently at LEAST 4 times a week.
Cardio is essential
20 mins of cardio for beginners, add ten minutes as you build your activity level up. 40 mins. is a great work-out (that doesn't include your cool down!) Remember your body starts to burn fat at approximately the 25 min mark of working-out.
When you are working out; give it your all. Half an effort will give you just that in return. Use your time wisely and make the most of it! Your fat burning heart rate zone is a perfect indicator of your work-out zone.
Weight training is a great balance with cardio. You won't get big bulging muscles (unless you want too). Muscle mass burns more fat and raises your overall metabolism.
Any other form of activity, or exercise is a bonus. ie...yoga, tennis, walking, swimming etc...
Eat right. If you work-out, run home and eat junk...you've waisted your time! (special occasions are the exception)
Drink plenty of water (at least 3 L a day)
So I'm putting in my time....and making the effort. In turn, I'll get the results I want. I feel good. I am getting more confident. I am taking better care of myself all around.

Here is another fantastic idea I'm doing for myself and my family.
I'm making myself a power smoothie in the morning! It's awesome, fast and easy.
Here is my recipe...and I'll call it the; Kimmy Morning Glory
1 serving: 330 calories or 6 WW points
1 cup blueberries
10 raspberries
6 strawberries
1 sm. banana
1cup no-fat yogurt
1 cup apple juice
1scoop of vegie greens or equivalent
Blend in blender. Pour and drink immediately! Enjoy!

No comments: