Thursday, July 17, 2008

Green Tea works!

Green Tea works!

The most difficult time for me when I'm watching what I eat is nighttime. Soon after I put the kids to bed and I'm alone with Tony, I feel the strong urge to bring out large amounts of snacks. After all, this has been my routine for the longest time. Tony and I and a bowl of chips, or chocolate talking and catching-up. That is one habit that is arduous to break. So now, there seemed like a huge void. Tony snacking guiltily while I watched hungry. Trying to talk to myself into not eating, not even one bite. Sometimes, I'd have a skinny cow, or some pudding. Afterwards, I just felt guilty because I'm aiming to not eat before bedtime. I have read countless stories that point up not eating before bedtime. Moreover, Bob Green swears by it! I've had my own weight loss success by this method in the past too.
So after re-reading the chapter in my book on green tea, I decided to give it a try. Here is my "secret". When the kids are in bed, and it's relax time I put on the kettle and have a cup of DECAF green tea. It really helps to make me feel relaxed and aids in those urges to binge. In addition to all it's great health benefits, green tea is therapeutic. The only downside is getting up to go to the washroom at least twice a night as green tea helps eliminate many toxins in your body.
In only four days, I have noticed my skin glowing and half a pound gone! So green tea does work!
With the half pound gone for a total of 26. 5 lbs lost ( forever!), I am now at my lowest weight in about 2 years. I am getting my body back. It feels so wonderful!
I know that at times, it can be tough. The urge to grab a cookie, sneak some chocolate etc... I have learned (and hope to continue to learn) that "Nothing Feels as Good as being Thin Feels" That is a quote I must live by. Oh, I have my weak moments. For the most part, when I'm in that zone...I'm in that zone. The rewards are in my loose fitting clothes, nice comments, inches gone and pounds lost on the scale. That feeling feels better than the 10 second feeling of giving into my craving.
Therefore, I will continue to drink Green tea nightly...because it really works!

No comments: