Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Before I go to the gym...

I'm writing my blog an hour before I'm set to go to the gym.
It's important for me to write how I feel about going to the gym, especially on days like today. First of all, it's a very dreary day. It's raining outside. The clouds seem so low and thick. Just grey all over. Just one of those days. Moreover, just getting to the gym is a HUGE work-out in itself. Getting motivated to go. Tidying-up, getting the kids organized and then myself...is alot of work. Not only that, then it's rush home, make dinner, clean-up and the day is done.
As of right now, I don't feel like going. I am not looking forward to working-out. I dread having to possibly do legs, or hard core work. I am trying to focus on that exhilarated feeling afterward. I just wish it was over already. The weather and all is just making me feel 'blah'.
Nonetheless, I must go to the gym. It is absolutely necessary. Do I want to be fit and thin? Yes! Then I know what I must do. Coping out is not the way to a fitter, thinner me. There is no easy way, but the hard way.
So before I'm late and running on empty...I better go get organized!


After the gym;
I am now writing about my gym experience. After my work-out, I feel so great about going. Even though I'm tired. I feel amazing. The day outside is still rainy and cold. But, I feel sunny!
Sometimes, it is good to take a break...but most always keep it up. I worked extra hard today. I trained my back, and did lot's of ab core work. Afterwards, I did 40 minutes of cardio maintaining my heart rate in my fat burning zone.
I'm not kidding when I tell you it feels amazing! Your body needs the movement. Toxins are absolved during exercise. Stress levels are reduced. Endorphins are released. Your cells celebrate the change and rhythm. What is not to like about it?
(I'll just have to remind myself this tomorrow when I'm complaining again!)

No comments: