Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well I'm working at it still. I lost another lb. Changes I have noticed are still building up. I feel my core getting really strong just by the way I am carrying my body when I walk. Someone told me yesterday they really noticed the inches melting away on my body. That is so rewarding to hear. Especially after a hard day at the gym. Leg day! I so dislike leg day!!! My trainer tells me it is absolutely necessary to train your legs as they are the bigger muscles away from your heart. Therefore, training your legs burns more fat continuously. Plus, it's important for a balanced body. I'll take his word for it, and continue to do legs but not without groaning and complaining all the way through!
It's amazing the changes that are happening. My body is really working hard. Oh and a pair of pants that did not fit me eight weeks ago; they fit! I had a 6 inch gap in my tummy area, and yesterday I zipped them up! Yeah!
I also went and purchased a new pair of work-out pants in a LARGE! What a feeling to not have to purchase an XL!
I love the cute work-out gear they have. I still don't fit in a regular tee because of my chest. So I have to continue buying my tee's at the plus store. But, that is my goal. I'm going to fit in the regular tee's. My reward will be cute work-out wear!!!
In addition, my resting heart rate is 62. Which means that my fat burning zone is 130-140. Optimally, that's the heart rate zone I want to target for most of my cardio.
That means that when I have reached that target and keep it up; I am burning fat. I love this method because it really keeps me focused on burning fat on many levels.
For one, it keeps me on the treadmill or elliptical. Knowing I am burning fat makes me want to do more cardio. Also, it helps me envision fat burning. Which works wonders! Remember mind over matter! The mind is a powerful too, and that's been my weapon lately. In fact, personal trainers keep saying: "focus on the muscle you are training...it helps work the muscle more!" So the same is true for fat burning!
When I am doing cardio and I have reached my fat burning zone. I vision the fat peeling away from my body, being thrown in a fire and burning away to nothing!
After dinner, I enjoy going out for a brisk walk. It's funny but six months ago, I couldn't even build-up the energy to go to the gym, let alone a walk. Now, I'm finding myself doing both in the same day and CRAVING MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY! Believe me, when you start you won't want to stop. Your body will crave it and you'll want to do more. You will have the energy. I would say that it takes almost a month to get in this zone. Once you are in it, it's an astonishing awareness.


Weight Lost: 27.5lbs
Inches: 13"

No comments: