Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Lightbulb "AHA" Moment!

Monday night, I headed out for dinner with my wonderful friend Lyne.
We headed to Fratelli's, a favourite of mine. I mentally planned ahead of time what I was going to eat. I would 'treat' myself to my usual but with a new twist: whole wheat pasta.

So this is what I ate:

-Ceasar Salad

-Veal Marsala with whole wheat Penne in an Alfredo sauce ( I know...bad)

-1 glass white zinfendel wine

-gelato

When I got home, I chose to take the dog for a walk and try to work off somewhat of my indulgence of the night. Nonetheless, that night I awoke at 3 am with such a soar stomach. I thought for sure I was going to be sick. The next day (yesterday) I felt
horrible!!! I had a huge headache, my stomach felt queasy, I felt tired, I had no energy and I was impatient with my kids.

UMMM>>>>>Wow! My dinner selection was only a tip of the iceberg of what I usually ate all day long. More importantly, it was still 'somewhat' fresh 'good' food. However, my body is just not used to eating that way. An "AHA" moment!...I love those!

So yesterday, was most definitely a back in the groove day! LOL Today, I'm planning on going to the gym, and doing some yoga.

Have a great day!
MWAH!!

No comments: