Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turkey Blues


Today, my plan was to blog about how am now feeling; twenty pounds lighter, and more active.

However, thanks to my whirlwind of a week-end, I ended up being awake all last night...sick to my stomach. Serves me right. I always promised myself that this blog would be the raw truth. As I've posted before, serves nobody including myself if I blog half-truths, and lies. Besides, I know fully more than anyone about liars, and scammers they are my pet peeves. We won't go there. Being truthful to myself and everyone is part of this wondrous journey. Life is not all perfect moments...and to share this truth with you all, makes my journey all worthwhile.

Anyhow, here is my list of what I ate this week-end....blah...I'm sick just typing it. (Oh...and Rob...if you are reading this; stop reading now! )

Saturday


  • coffee
  • banana
  • roasted chicken
  • salade
  • italian wedding soup
  • fried zuccini
  • veal marsala
  • whole wheat linguini alfredo
  • 2 glasses white wine
  • cafe latte
  • tiramisu

Sunday

  • fibre one cereal
  • coffee
  • rice
  • assorted cold canapes & hors d'oeuvres
  • french cut lamb chops
  • bruschetta
  • olive bread ( lot's of it!)
  • prosciutto ribbon with melon
  • buffalo mozzarella and tomato trio
  • italian cured delicacies
  • fazzoletti fiorentina with ricotta and spinach in rose sauce
  • casalinga with veal and beef in tomato sauce
  • baby green salad with parmesean crisp
  • Chateaubriand, duchess potatoes and carrots
  • lindor chocolates
  • champagne
  • red wine
  • cranberry vodka with a splash of orange juice
  • cannoli, cannoli and more cannoli
  • italian and french pastries

Monday

  • Fibre one cereal with almond breeze milk (off to a great start!)
  • coffee
  • white rice
  • turkey (lot's)
  • mashed potatoes (lot's)
  • gravy
  • stuffing
  • basmati rice
  • strawberry cheesecake
  • strawberry cheesecake

I am stuffed! Reading through this list...no wonder I am sick! Talk about shocking your body! This is how I felt all the time, stuffed, drained and sick. My body is working overtime to digest all this extra calorie food. I am sluggish. I am running a fever, and thinking I may have the flu; I'm only fooling myself.

I'm looking forward to being well again to go to the gym, and get back that wonderful energy of last week. Amazing what a three day binge can do! Eh?! Last week, I treated myself to a manicure, pedicure and a new hair cut. I felt so great in those 'new' jeans. I started to feel like my beautiful self again. I'm still on the wagon, even if I took a little detour. I've always said; "part of the journey is falling off and getting back on again".

I want to thank all my fellow bloggers for their love and support both public and private. Joania! You are amazing girl...I'm honoured to be in your company! 266...I love your blog and look forward to reading more about your journey too!

Lastly, the other night Tony looked at me and said: "wow, you are so beautiful...you glow!" That makes the journey so worthwhile! :>

Sometimes in life, we need to take a detour just to appreciate the path we are meant to take.

Take care of yourself, and be well!

Kimmy

1 comment:

Kathy1898 said...

Oh honey, I have faith you will get right back on the wagon!!