Monday, October 12, 2009

Gratitude on Thanksgiving























I am so blessed, and for that I am
great full (grateful)!



Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Whew! Is it Tuesday Yet?

So much to be thankful, and grateful for. It's been a whirlwind of a week-end. Nonetheless, I really feel amazing with my 20 lb loss. I feel so alive and rejuvinated again. I know I still have more to lose (60 lbs to go). But, I'm feeling like I've turned things around. I will blog about this tomorrow.

Saturday, I had lunch with a girlfriend of mine (in those skinnier size 14 jeans that had been in my closet with the tags for five years!), and I made some good choices. Dinner was a different story. Tony and I headed out to Fratelli's (one of my favourite restaurants besides Mamma Teresa's) We had wine, to celebrate our time together; cheers! Then it was all down hill from there. I will focus, however on the good choices. I chose not to have any bread. I went with whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta with my fettuccine Alfredo and veal Marsala. Tony and I shared a tiramisu with our latte.

Sunday, we attended a royal Italian baptism (photos). We literally ate from 4 pm until 10 pm. It was delicious. Let's just say, I am stuffed with cannoli!
Today, I'm making my boys, turkey with all the trimmings, my famous homemade Caesar salad and strawberry cheesecake.


Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving! It's one of my favourite holidays. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful everyday. Nonetheless, I love to reflect on this day, say a prayer to the heaven's and being truly grateful for all that I am graced with in my life. It's been a roller coaster of a year. With both my babies having surgery (Carmy, it looks like will be having another surgery (hopefully that's the issue with his lump on his testicle), in the near future), my father-in-law's massive heart attack and long road to recovery. In addition, having my hernia surgery and not being able to even get off the couch on Easter to make my family a decent Easter meal. We've come a long way...and for that I won't stop believing in the grace of life.

Today, I opened this blog to see that a fellow blogger Joania had given me an award. Wow! That made my day (and also gave me the kick to realize...ummm...tomorrow back to eating well, and working-out! :) ) Thank you, Joania! I am so appreciative of this award. If you want to be truly
inspired: http://joaniajourney.blogspot.com/.

Finally, if I could leave you on this beautiful Thanksgiving day with inspiration of my own. As I listen to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. Don't stop believing in yourself. Be the change you want to be. Eat well, be well, and take care of yourself. You are worthy of living your best life, and being your best. It's starts with you....now. Love yourself. Have gratitude and be kind.
You will love yourself more, and the world will love you back more in return.
May heaven shine down upon you, and guide you through the road ahead.

Thank you for reading my blog, and following my journey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

266 said...

Thanks for signing up to follow my blog! I am always appreciative when people take the time to come by my site and check out what is happening on my journey. Congratulations on the award! You should be really proud of that 20 pound loss! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joania said...

Your family is beautiful. Happy TG!! :)