Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Little Bit of This, That and Inspiration

It's a cold and stormy day here in Ottawa. Looking out my office window and onto the street all I can see is white, white and more white. We've already received about 10 cm of snow and we are expecting another 20 cm throughout the day. Winter is finally here!



I opted not to go to Yoga today because of the road conditions. However, my friend and I decided to go to the gym instead as the gym is very close. Wow, somethings surely have changed with me. LOL In the past, I would of taken this opportunity to hibernate. The excuse would have been a piece of cake, pardon the pun. "Everyone is home, and the roads are bad"...easy. I will take this victory in my new attitude, even though I loathe working-out. I love what it does to my entire being.



On another note, loved watching The Biggest Loser season finale last night. I was so happy to see Rebecca take the at home prize, and elated for Danny winning it all! Rudy did Rebecca a favour when he back stabbed her and sent her home, feeling she was his strongest competition for the title. Everyone (even I) underestimated Danny. I mean, we were all so focused on Rudy's incredible numbers on the scale, Tracey's whining and Liz's southern accent that we all but forgot about the underdog! Highlights last night were Abby who looked amazing as well as Antoine and Julio. Vavoom. Shay's incredible journey thus far brought tears to my eyes. Oh, and Amanda!!! She looked absolutely perfect. Loved her victory at wearing her very first dress since she was a little girl! Love, loved that!



However, what I don't like about this show is how contestants get so ghastly thin for the finale. Rebecca and Tracey most notably in this category. Not that I am not happy for Rebecca taking the victory away from Tracy...that was the best moment after all the cruel things Tracey did to everyone. Nonetheless, there should be rules protecting the contestants from losing too much below their recommended BMI's. Rebecca and Tracey are way to thin in my book. Rebecca has lost all her charm and cute little face...and will someone please tell her that she's a gorgeous brunette, blond just doesn't suit her.



All in all, I was elated with last night's results. The most deserving contestant's won this season as opposed to Helen's win last season. (Still can't get over the fact that she chose to send her own daughter home...so she could stay on the Ranch! Tara deserved to win last season...hands down!) I am most happy to see that Rudy did not win. I believe he played the game the entire time and stayed under the radar. Danny worked hard and kept his integrity at the same time. A well deserved win and inspiration.



Another amazing inspirational story is that of a fellow blogger Joania. Read all about her incredible journey:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/journey+almost/2318975/story.html

That's it, that's all for today.
Be well!

Namaste,
Kimmy

4 comments:

Everyday Superhero said...

I love TBL. Hubby does too but he doesn't want to admit it. :-) It's our guilty pleasure.

This is the first season that I wasn't rooting for anyone. There were a couple that really annoyed me. Rebecca for starters. She just reminded me so much of somebody that I knew ("I'm more than a pretty face."). I thought she was acting really weird last night probably b/c she was starving (no carbs or water). Tracey looked very dehydrated. Her skin was just hanging on her. However, I was impressed with all their losses. Goes to show that you can always find a way to move your body (no matter how much you weigh) and eating right is so important and not expensive like many think.

Kimmy said...

So true Stefania regarding Rebecca and Tracey.
I agree also on your comment regarding weight loss, and food.

So very very true!

Cheers!

Everyday Superhero said...

Of course, people might think that they too can lose 239 lbs in seven months, which is not really reality despite it being called a reality show.

Ok, time to work out.

Everyday Superhero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.