Thursday, September 24, 2009

Seatbelted to the Wagon!

Hello all!

Hope this finds you all drinking your water, eating well and taking the time to move that body.
Things are always so busy around here. My most famous line: a good busy! I am blessed to be surrounded by such great people. Sometimes it can be very overwhelming, and every now and then I just have to say to myself; that's what life is about! I usually like to keep to myself. I grew-up quite lonely and was always alone. Thus, I have been created into this girl who enjoys quiet and peace. With three boys, a rowdy hubby and a string of amazing friends, neighbours etc...it's difficult to have moments of silence! Add in fall TV and creeping facebook regularly...and you've got quite the busy life! LOL

Now try fitting in a weight loss routine in that! I've come to realize that there will never be a day where I will wake-up and there will be no laundry, the kitchen will be immaculate, the beds will be made, no errands to run, payroll to do, neighbours and friends popping in for a visit, my nieces calling for some advice etc...Getting along on this journey really means learning to incorporate that healthy lifestyle into the jam of it all. It's about balance, it really is. It's not an easy task. But, it is do able. It just takes patience, perseverance and persistence. (Now if those ladies at Joseph's could just STOP bringing some sweets in for my hubby...I could get him fully on the band wagon too!)

Most recently, my brother and his wife came to visit. So I had a week of juggling, school work for me, homework with my boys, activities for the kids, dinners, and visits from our friends and neighbours. I managed quite well except for the healthy lifestyle part. In my life, I'm always the first thing to take a back burner. That's why I look the way that I do. Sometimes, I wish I had more time in the day. What it essentially comes down too is balance. Thank God for PVR!

My favourite show to watch besides 24, Brothers & Sisters, Melrose Place, Dancing with the Stars, Oprah and Dr. Oz (to name a few!) is THE BIGGEST LOSER! Now that is inspiration! If you need a tune-up, it's surely the show to watch. Albeit I will admit, working out 8 hours a day is highly never within my reach as a Supermom (ha ha ha). I figure if they can squeeze in all that time, than I have really no excuse for not getting in half and hour to an hour.

So I am off to the gym...after I fold the load of laundry in the dryer, throw in the laundry from the washer into the dryer and empty out the dishwasher. Tony and I have a major event upcoming October 11th. My goal is to be 4-5 lbs lighter. That's not going to happen sitting here typing away all my complaints and excuses regarding my busy life! In the end, I'm seatbelted to the wagon no matter what happens.

Take care of yourself and ALWAYS make time for a healthy lifestyle!
xox
Kimmy

No comments: