Tuesday, September 8, 2009

News and Such...

Refreshing Starbucks?

Okay, my trainer Rob has suggested a wonderful new refreshing drink. It's Starbucks and it's not expensive. Another bonus, low in calories! It's a 'Venti shaken iced green tea" *no syrup. I highly recommend it!

CIBC Run for the CURE

In another news, I've signed up our family for the CIBC Run for the Cure. I was first inspired to join in because of my altruistic niece Jessica whom at age 25 not only does the run, but also volunteer's her time for much fundraising and events for the cause. Tony lost both his Moms' to breast cancer. What better way to teach your children that we can make a difference in this world?! In addition, there is so much more to life than television, video games, and sports. Life is not only short, it is precious. Together we can make a positive impact. I find it an imperative lesson for my children to learn. So I signed up our family and entered us as a team: Pink Nocita's. Tony's two niece's are also going to join us and our family as we walk the 1K in honour of Caterina and Esterina.
https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/personal_page.asp?track=3475513&languageid=1

Lifestyle...

In the weight loss world, seems we are on a hold. I've made a few changes and I'm sure it's had an impact on things. So I'm back on Almond Breeze in my cereal and coffee. I think that I must be sensitive to dairy as when I switch to skim milk...I don't lose weight. The day or two after I've been on Almond Breeze and cut out dairy from my diet; the scale starts to plummet! I wanted to experiment a bit and that is the conclusion I have come upon. I'm also going to make a greater effort to go to the gym, as well as continue walking with my club. Maybe the walk isn't enough cardio. So I'll try that for a few weeks and see where I go from there. I am still motivated, and on the wagon. That is a plus. I'm looking to be in the low 200's (- 210) so that is my goal. Rob is coming to visit this week and hopefully pump us right back to where we need to be to kick start the journey again.

That's all for now. I'm off to go do my business writing strategy school work.

Blessings to all!
Kimmy

1 comment:

Joania said...

That's awesome....I hope to see you there!!