Thursday, April 23, 2009

Choices

Each and everyone of us is responsible for the creation of our own lives. Our thoughts, our words, our actions or lack there of controls how our lives unfold. We are the masters of our destiny. The choice is ours as to how our stories unfold.

Every choice you make has a consequence. To every reaction there is a re-action. Even a thought is an energy and can trigger many different scenarios for the road ahead. The choice is ours for example, whether to be happy, positive, grateful, kind etc...or not in every moment we experience. In every breath we take, we have the choice to live in the moment, be aware or not. With every emotion we feel, we have choice to deal with or discard. With every event, encounter or daily moment, we have choices. With everything we experience, we have choice. From the moment you first wake-up in the morning until the last aware moment before drifting off to sleep, you are in control of the choices.

For me, a healthy lifestyle is no different to this law. My choices have gotten me to where I am today. My lack of proper choices have built up to my current situation. It wasn't by choosing one chocolate bar that I got to be this way. Rather it was by making a pile of improper choices that got me to this point. I chose to be this way. I chose to be unhealthy and overweight. I chose to be sad, depressed over action. I chose therefore my situation is the result of those choices, and nobody else is responsible but me.

In turn, if there is to be any change, it must come from my choices. I must choose healthy over unhealthy. I must choose to love myself rather than the high of the moment that an unhealthy choice makes. I must choose well, for every choice small or big has a consequence. I must choose to take better care of myself. I must choose well.

If something is not working in your life, or you are unhappy, perhaps it's time to change. What needs to change? What can you do to make that transformation happen?
The power to transform lies within each and everyone of us. By seeing that transformation and making choices towards that goal, we are one step closer towards the end result. The key to unleashing that journey is choice, everyday choices.
Choose well and see the transformation begin!

No comments: