Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back on the Wagon (Again!)


I've attached a photo taken of me and my son Carmelo on the week-end.
It was Carmelo's first communion/confirmation. Events like this (for those of you who are not or have never been overweight) are not a welcomed fun event. Let me explain. We certainly have to make the best of it, and enjoy the presence of the moment.

Shopping for an outfit is a nightmare! Unlike everyone in normal sizes, overweight people have one or two stores to choose from. Moreover, these stores only carry 'formal/ or semi-formal' attire for Christmas. I guess fat people only come out at Christmas time...I don't know?! So just getting something appropriate to wear is a huge challenge.

Now, try having had hernia surgery on top of that, and trying to find something that will be loose and fitting enough not to cause pain, or discomfort! Lucky for me, I got lucky!!

I still went through the usual speach to myself:
-why do I do this to myself
-I'm so out of control
-remember the day when I could just walk into any store and buy something I loved, and that looked amazing on me?

I realized that I did it again. I hate falling off the wagon, and having to climb back on! Anyhow, in the photo...I look good...but I'm hiding! I'm hiding behind my son...how pathetic! lol

So now, I'm starting back. These are a few of the changes I'm doing. Since I cannot even work-out or walk to my car and back. A few changes is better than nothing.

-My morning coffee will now have splenda in it (why I went back to sugar is beyond me. I know that I was in that; oh well...I'm eating like crap anyhow phase. Do not get caught up like this! Every calorie counts. Every positive choice you make counts!

-WATER. I'm making sure to get all my water in.

-Late night snacking. Gone! No more late night snacking!

-Healthier choices. Throughout the day.

It's time to take back the control.

No comments: