Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dreams


Last night, I had a strange dream. In it, I was at a swanky club with my friends. The music was blarring and it was a happening place to be. I was fit and much thinner. It certainly was an out of body experience. As I looked down at myself sitting at the table drinking a margarita I thought outloud (oh wow! I'm beautiful, I love those jeans on me...but I'm still fat in real life! Gosh, love dreams! ha ha ha) Anyhow, another voice piped up and said: look at her confidence. She is a sex goddess because she's confident and radiant! She's comfortable and she feels amazing. OKAY!? Got to hold on to that feeling. I want to just stay with this Kimmy forever.

Next thing you know, I ran into someone from my recent past. A much younger hot guy, I might add. He bought me a drink and I could feel my friends glaring at me. The "oh oh glare." Yep, puma Kimmy! A desperate housewife moment for sure. Hot guy was just telling me how he was missing my beautiful smile, funny sense of humour and my hot glow. Did he just say "hot" to me? To bad he has a nice new girlfriend. Yes, and too bad I'm maaaaarrrrr... Only to be busted up by my hubby's friend. "Hey! What are you doing here and standing so close to muscle man?" Funny! I was just going to ask you the same thing! "What are YOU doing here?" Now that you mention it, hot guy does have bulging biceps. I never noticed them before. Speaking of hot! Back to the fact that I am busted, but I look good even busted! Hot guy stays by me and stares defiantly at... Beep! Beep! Beep!...that damn morning alarm!

Throughout the entire dream I kept berating myself. Look at you! You glow! You are healthy and beautiful! This is you! The real you! So true! I awoke feeling confident, and trying to hold on to the goddess aura that had surrounded me in my dream. I realized it was the same energy I felt when I had lost my 100lbs. I clearly was dreaming of the old thinner Kimmy before my weight re-gain. That thought sent shivers down my spine and an overwhelming sense of sadness. How I miss that girl!
As Jillian Michaels has famously said: "The past does not define, you the present does." It is important, for me to quit looking back at this weight loss/gain as a failure. But, rather hold on to those feelings and the confidence of the inner goddess. That is the true test.

Talking the talk and walking the walk are two different entities. I often find myself thinking: "when I am thinner I will always make sure to exfoliate my skin, and never go out without make-up. Gone will be the stretchy pants and hello tight fitting jeans. How strange. Athletes who train do not tell themselves that they will eat properly once they are at olympic status. They do not start training once they are nationally recognized. Instead, they set the goal and work towards it EVERYDAY. With every new choice, with every sacrifice they are taking one step closer to their dream. They live in the dream in order to make it reality. They focus and visualise and bring their dream to fruition. The power unleashed is amazing.

This power can be released for whatever. For instance, Tiger Woods has this amazing virtue to visualize the exact shot he wants to make before he makes it. He focuses on the exact location he wishes the golf ball to go. Tiger Woods was not born with this gift. He worked at it. The same example can be used for so many other successful people of our world. The important thing to remember is that this gift is available to us all. Use it to improve your life. Life is a work in progress. Start living your dream life now and unleash the power to attract it to you today.

The same can be said for weight loss, and just simply being healthier. So this morning, I took a shower (a cold one :> ha ha ha), exfoliated my skin, I put on make-up and did my hair. I had to forgo the jeans *due to my hernia surgery but I put on my best stretch pants and a nice top. I did my hair. I felt awesome and focused on that goddess energy. I have drank four glasses of water, ate oatmeal with berries for breakfast and had a healthy omelet for lunch. I'm on a roll to goddess country.

The past is in the past. I can no longer berate myself for what ifs, and why. I can only move forward and focus on the future. That is the lesson I am taking from this dream. Live in the moment now, surround myself with the aura of who I am, and live the dream today. Quit living in the past and focus on the future of your dreams!

(If I run into hot guy...I'll keep you posted ;>)

No comments: