Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So, it's been almost a week since 'tragedy' struck. I'm still in shock. I still feel lost. It may sound strange and weird to some, but you have to understand my point here.When you are over-weight and trying to lose weight, your trainer represents salvation. He is like a God. He is your source for information and strength. Together we were a successful team. 20lbs and 15 inches gone! We clicked and things worked! We were on a roll...but like a good thing taken away to soon: Now a member of the team, the leader is gone. For three months, we trained together three times a week. Even when we didn't have a scheduled training session and I went to the gym to do cardio, my trainer would come over and encourage me. I looked forward to his gracious seal of approval. I was on the right track with his leadership and guidance. Now...I'm on my own. I still have many training sessions left from my pre-paid package at the gym. So the fitness manager has asked me to choose another trainer. I can't bring myself to do it. I am on vacation. I left to go to my home town in Northern Ontario for a week. The timing is perfect. I need to refresh my batteries so to speak. It feels great to be here. When I think back to last week, I am saddened...but I'm slowly trying to re-boot myself for what I believe will be phase 2 of my weight loss journey!

No comments: