Friday, February 19, 2010

Olympic Fever...

Whew! All this Olympic fever has me soooooooo proud to be Canadian. All these late nights, have me staying up late too. I love sharing these moments with my kids.

My favourite moment thus far has been Alexandre Bilodeau's golden win for Canada. We watched all together as a family, and I turned to my boys and said: "you are watching history here, remember where you were when this happened!" :> As I cheer for our athletes, I love to cheer loudly and clap along. Apparently, I should know that they can't hear me, and I'm not really there!? Ummm...who cares! It's the Olympics kids!!!!

So aside from that...I am still on track and working-out. I've also planned to scratch something off my 'bucket' list. Come spring time, I'm going to sign up and start learning to run a 5k (apparently there's a whole method to this). I went to Lululemon (because that's how funny/crazy I am, and I love it!), and bought myself a few things I will need to begin my running journey :>. I feel silly, but EXCITED!

My good friend (I'll call her C-Bu :>), already did this 'course' on 5 k and highly recommends it. Then she added, I'd love to do it again because you forget how to run...so we are in! (YIKES!). I'm surely looking to run the Run for the Cure in October, but also there is a run in June for woman's cancers. Perhaps, I'll be ready for that. For now, I'm kind of 'training' on my treadmill. I know, I know...it's not the same. However, if I can build myself up there cardio wise, when I do start 'running' outdoors...I won't look like the fat girl in a rush to get some more chocolate!

Have a good week-end everyone. I know I will...it's my birthday week-end!!!!

P.S.
Go Canada Go!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a very Happy Birthday!!!