Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Little Update

I just wanted to update you on my journey.

I have been a very good girl! lol I've made the effort to train, do cardio and do yoga. It feels great to get some alone, me time! I have no excuses...zero.

My only complaint was that yesterday, I got a nail in my tire and had to take a pause. I was set to do my core circuit training, I love the Monday class because it really instills a tone for the week, however things don't always pan out that way...and frustration sets in quickly with me. I had a last minute meeting to attend with Carmelo's french teacher. In addition, the core class time got moved up a half hour, so there was no hope for me.

Sometimes, these tests really 'test' us. I came home after the meeting, when it really sunk that I wouldn't make the session, I was frustrated and angry. In fact, I went to bed angry...and I tossed and turned until about 3 a.m. At that point, I realized that being a busy mom and wife means that I won't always be able to follow my 'planned' schedule. What I need to do is to go with the flow, and promise myself that come the next day, I brush myself off and keep on my journey. I guess I'm so afraid that if I miss ONE day it means I've fallen off the wagon completely, and I don't want to go there ANYMORE!

I've also done some emotional, internal cleansing. That feels wonderful and so enlightening. As for now, I've realized that some things, and some people (especially the one's who purposely are negative, and hurtful), they don't matter. I must choose to refuse to engage in their "games" or choices. I am truly sensitive, and consider myself highly intuitive. I understand situations, people and such on a different level that I cannot always explain into words. However, it wears on me emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually. In turn, it shows on my body. I'm slowly realizing that I must focus on those who love and support me, everything else is just not worth the energy!

I'm moving on...and growing, hopefully as I shrink!

Have a great Tuesday!
Kimmy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love your self awareness.

Hugs!!!

Kimmy said...

Thanks Kimberley,

My awareness comes and goes. The trick is to remain true to myself, and those who love and support me.
The other key is to stay grounded, and not get up in drama or games etc...

Plus, it's crucial to always remember...not everything belongs to me. I am responsible for my journey, my choices, my behaviour, my words and my actions.

Hugs back to you!!!
xox