Thursday, January 28, 2010

No Excuses...Really!

I've been working my butt-off, well not really because apparently: it's still there!

The past two weeks, I have had no excuses to work-out. Really! My father-in-law had a full-time Nanny living with him, to help with his recovery from him massive coronary. Every winter, he ventures off to Florida. He has been doing so for the last fifteen years. To change that...would be devastating. However, being as the young woman had only been in Canada for less than a year, her visa application to visit the U.S. was denied. My father-in-law chose to leave anyway.

So for the first month, she stayed with my brother-in-law's family. Last week, she came to our house. At first, I will admit...I wasn't crazy about the whole idea. I'm the type of person who loves, LOVES her time alone. I spent most of my childhood growing-up alone, so that is a way of life for me. Besides, my home is already always coming and going with people. So I cherish the quiet time.

They say "blessings come in all sorts of disguises". I have to say that I was very wrong and 'crazy'. I mean, who wouldn't want a Nanny in their home, helping them?! With someone POWER CLEANING my home, and mending to my children (however, that task I still do mostly myself), I really had no excuses. I decided that if there was ever a time to get back in a routine of working-out...now was it. If I couldn't motivate myself to train, exercise now...I never will.

In addition, I read an article by Oprah (love her wisdom) that truly resonated with me. Oprah was talking about her goals to herself last year, to work-out more and eat better. She affirms that she 'hates' working-out. Who doesn't? Anyhow, she realized that by calling it "working-out", it was actually putting a negative twist to exercise. She has now changed the way she views 'working-out' by calling it: "honoring her body". So true!

I'm happy to report that I've stayed true to myself. I've trained and honoured my body a lot these past two weeks. I've even ran on the treadmill in the morning instead of going back to bed! The result? I feel amazing....again! I've lost three (3) pounds.
I'm counting down to my goal: February 22.

The universe has offered me a gift, that I really can't pass up and must take full advantage of.

I'm off to honour my body and myself...

Have a great day everyone!
xox

Kimmy

5 comments:

WonderMom2012 said...

HEY GIRL, just read your blong..good job on working out.. i just started my blog..still getting the hang of it..check me out if you can.

XOXO
PHATGIRL83

WonderMom2012 said...

hey girl, great job in getting up and working out and lossing some weight..i just lost 3 pounds in my frist week of weight watcher. I just started blogging so check me out.

xoxoxo
PHATGIRL83

Kimmy said...

Weight Watchers in as excellent program. I lost 100 lbs with them!

Congratulations on the 3 lb loss.

Thank you for reading my blog,

Kimmy

Stefania said...

As moms we often can't accept the gifts that are given to us.

Oprah is always insightful and it's good to approach working out as a way to honour your body.

Congrats on the 3 lbs loss.

Kimmy said...

Thank you Stefania!

So true...as Mom's we try to do it all.

Have a great week-end,
Kimmy