Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beautiful Blogger












So much to catch-up on, I hope I don't bore you blabbing. More importantly, this all seems so mundane knowing what is happening in Haiti. Nonetheless, I feel like I have abandoned my blogging. I wanted to come back, and let you know how everything is going.




First off, I had another taste of "I'm overweight...great what will they think?" reality. I hate this! A few months ago, I re-connected via facebook (Love that!) with an old highschool friend. Hopefully, he is NOT reading my blog...


Anyhow, I had a crush on him in highschool, but I stayed away because he had started hanging around with the wrong crowd. He was always such a great guy...a real sweetheart. I had high morale expectations for myself back then...and the crowd he was hanging out with, without being to judgemental was not the direction I wished my life to go in...lol (yeah...then I ended up with an italian ;>)


Fast forward 18 years (yikes), this guy is still handsome (hot) as ever, and seems to have really straightened out his life. So proud of him! I mean, if you really knew where we came from, and how life can be quite difficult at times, you'd understand. Sometimes, when I look back at photos (via facebook) or actually go back home, I find people haven't changed. They still do what they did 20 years ago. I don't know if it's like that for everyone else, but in our small town...it is. I don't want to judge, and it's really hard not to, however there is more to life than sitting in a garage, getting stoned and drunk every night. Seriously, the only long lasting business that has stood the test of time: The Beer Store and LCBO. That is sad.


To see this guy, leave the north and COMPLETELY change his life and be VERY successful with it, is amazing. We've chatted via facebook and facebook messenger. It is really great to re-connect like that. So, he sent me a message saying he was coming to Ottawa for a quick trip and maybe we could connect. PANIC!


I have posted a few pictures of myself on facebook...but nothing could prepare anyone. The last time this guy saw me...I was thin, young and cute (:. Now, the way I see myself...besides cute, funny and nice...is not good. The torture we put ourselves through...eh?! I can't believe it. Anyone, who has been or is overweight will understand this.


However, it goes way deeper than seeing an old handsome friend again after 15+ years. It's more the fact, that my body is not aligned with the true me that resides inside. At this point, it's not easy to say: "here I am...a little fluffier than you remember!" I've missed so many opportunities, events, vacations etc...because of my size and weight. I have come to realize that it's time to stop writing about it, and start taking action! I need to be the change I know I am inside. Somehow, someway we all have to, just in our own different way. For me, I can get so frustrated, and emotional about it all...and it is easy to go back to the old Kimmy, the one who is the emotional eater. Therefore, I wondered if I was doing this all for nothing...


Then I came on my blog to write about, and saw that I received "The Beautiful Blogger award"! Wow!!! I was blown away. Thank you Kimberley. What perfect timing. I must continue my journey, not give-up or give in. I need to be happy with myself, and continue to improve on who I am on the outside as well as the inside. It is something we all look to achieve. In addition, maybe my friend was right when she said that...an old friend will always see the true Kimmy...beautiful and sweet always. Beautiful blogger award...so grateful!


This incidence just made me want to work harder than ever. This year is a big year event wise...



  1. A high school reunion

  2. My 10 yr wedding anniversary


I vow to myself that I won't be hiding, running away from these events...it is up to me not to let myself down again!




"When it comes to matters of the heart, people get better with age. As you grow and become truly happy with who you are, you can then be happy with those around you." - Rachel Roy, as read in the Oprah Magazine (February, 2010)



I'm thrilled to have received this 'Beautiful Blogger' award, I now have to list seven other Beautiful Bloggers and list seven facts about myself that you don't already know. Then I am to pass it on to seven other Beautiful Bloggers.






7 Facts About Myself That You Don't Already Know




  1. Growing-up, I was a huge fan of Wayne Gretzky #99. I loved how he was so great at hockey, he was genuine and had integrity. I cried the day he got married! (lol)




  2. I am intuitive/ psychic (my close friends know this...as over the years my predictions for them have come true). Sometimes, I will have a vision, a dream or hear something in my head/heart...and it comes true.




  3. I can read people's energy and aura's. I don't see aura, I feel it...it's very strange to explain.


  4. I was my graduating highschool valedictorian.


  5. I love to sing, however I am horrible (and I know it, but a happy heart sings no matter what! :>)


  6. I love to read.

  7. I have a huge celebrity crush on Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer 24).


To the beautiful bloggers, I pass the award onto: Stefania, Tania, Joania, Susan, Sandy, Denise and Counting Girl. However, if I could pass it on to everyone who's blogs I have read...I would. I would also pass it on to all my fellow reader's who follow my crazy tales!







2 comments:

Everyday Superhero said...

I hope I'm the Stefania you're refering to. :-) Many thanks to a beautiful person inside and out!

Kimmy said...

yes...of course!