Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cheers To 2009!

Everyday is a gift. The present is a gift to us all. It is imperative to live each day to the fullest. Appreciate the little things, as they are what matter most. The birds, the sunshine, the laughter of children, the company of genuine people etc...However, life gets the best of us. We get busy. We get stressed. Next thing you know we get caught up in a vicious circle of irrelevance.

I know for sure when you take time to appreciate the little things, you will realize that they are actually the most relevant. What matters most is not something you can package, wear or tote. What matters most is within and the power to unleash that. That is the gift.

The mysterious has been once said to be right before you. Nothing need be complicated as we complicate things for ourselves. Simply taking deep breaths, we can bring so much into perspective. Rising above challenges. Being the light when you are surrounded by darkness. Overcoming negative influences. Ignoring the ignorant etc...that is a power. It is not always an easy task, but that is the lesson and the goal.

My goal for 2009, is to bring all into perspective. To focus on the everyday gifts that surround me. Be the example. Live my best life now, not tomorrow or next year. This is the year! I have decided that 'thrashing' is no longer an option. Instead "trash" what no longer works, or is not in my best interest or that of my family.

Cleaning house starts from the inside out NOT vice verse. If things are stagnant in my life, it's because changes need to be made. Clearing the cobwebs and the dead weight already is helping me feel lighter. Setting my spiritual filter on high means more space for me and what matters most. Having less space in my life for the irrelevant transforms into more space and time for the things that are important. The circle than affects my immediate family, my good friends etc...

The strongest link for my happiness is myself. Everyday is a gift. I choose to live the gift everyday under my terms. That is the key for a new healthier me for 2009.

No comments: