Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back on the Wagon...

Well, I've climbed back on the wagon; partially.

I find it really hard not being able to work-out. (Remember my hernia...).
I have started drinking all my water, and eating better again. I already feel better. Just something about making the proper choices, eating better, taking your vitamins etc...that just makes you feel better. Maybe it's a no-guilt thing. Who knows. All I know is that my body feels lighter.

Have any of you been following Oprah's Best Life Week? If not; I HIGHLY recommend it! I haven't watched the webcasts' yet...as I have some company so I'd like to sit down by myself and watch it uninterrupted. Good thing is if you go to Oprah.com you can download it all there. Plus, it's free! Hey, it can't hurt right?

So what is the hardest for me right now? Trying to get myself out of this partial depression....time to stop 'feeling' sorry for things that I have no control of. My little guy had surgery, and he's just fine! Recovering...and almost back to normal! Thankfully!

I had a HUGE 'aha' moment at the hospital while waiting for Antonio to come out of surgery. Here I was standing with my hubby in the hallway, as my hubby and I waited and waited. An hour, two hours seemed like a year. My husband started to get on my nerves. Just his breathing was annoying me!

All of a sudden an old boss of mine came around the corner. Not to go into much detail of her life...but enough for you to understand the 'aha' moment. Here stood before me a very stressed woman, who's husband left her many years ago and who was left alone to take care of her developmental challenged son. Her son was having surgery too; and she had to go through it all alone. Shame on me! Thanks Universe for the wack on the head. I heard you loud and clear!

I am very fortunate. My hubby and I were going through some strong emotions waiting there, and it was very natural for us to take it out on each other. Thankfully, I got a friendly reminder from the universe that I was a blessed woman, and I should be counting my lucky stars!

In addition, it was such a turn of emotions to give her a hug, and help support her as she waited alone for her son to come out of surgery! As she talked about her recent ordeal, I could see her energy lifting and her mood change from stress to relief. There is never not a time...not to be needed in this world!

So we got through it! Antonio is recovering at home, and I can say that he is a trooper!

A few more hurdles to go...and possibly I can get back to working-out!

So that's it for my update! I have posted a new article today on my website....it might be of interest!

No comments: