Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still Alive...just iPadliscious!

Wow, it's been awhile again. So much as though, I forgot my password. BLAH!

Anyhow, I've been focusing on my novel in any of my spare time. For Christmas I received an iPad, it's a the invention of the century. I absolutely LOVE it! I carry it with me everywhere, and any spare moment I have...I have been writing.

Side note; the iPad is so neat...I have downloaded books with the ibooks app. That is addicting, as I've already spent over one hundred and fifty dollars in iTunes cards. Something so simple, as pressing a button and voila! a book in your tablet ready to read. I have my iPod set-up with all my favourite songs. I have apps that will read Antonio a story, when I'm busy. I even have an app to look at the stars in my hemisphere. I could go on and on...and I sound like an advertisement. Seriously, it's awesome. I don't know how I ever lived without it! ;)

Moving on, and back to my subject at hand...

The other day, I was thinking 'how dumb' of an idea it was to be 'writing' a novel. So it had me a little down, since I've been so passionate about the entire idea. The story has played out in my mind for about ten years. It has only been in the last year that I finally decided to pen it on paper, and see where it takes me. I never realized how much work, time and effort actually goes into writing such a novel. It's so easy when it plays in my head like a movie...

So with my recent second guessing, I decided to finish writing the novel....if for anything just for myself to say that "I DID IT"! I remember as a young girl at the age of 7 or so, sitting in front of my mother's typewriter, and wanting to just type and write a story. Even so I could barely type my name and such, I found solace in the fact that a blank sheet of paper is a journey to the healing of my soul.

One day, perhaps I will find that courage within to take that leap of faith and finally be the published author that I've always dreamed I could be.

Until then...be well, be happy, and journey in faith...

No comments: