Thursday, June 3, 2010

Still Around


Hey everyone!

I'm still around. Sorry, I have seemed to abandoned you. I'll be back with a longer post in the future. For the time being, I thought I'd pop in, and keep you all posted on my whereabouts.

I think I may have piled to much on my plate! I'm really having to balance alot these days. Much more than I bargained for. I can however say that I am officially a "Soccer Mom". I absolutely love it, and to those of you who have to endure my screams during my boys' games...my apologies, but I love cheering the boys on! "Mom...gees...you are embarrassing the crap out of me...keep it down!" -Carmy

Five days a week of soccer! Along with violin, and guitar lessons. I'm busy. To add more to it, I decided to continue my studies, and took another course towards my HRM (Human Resource Management) certification. BAD BAD mistake! Honestly, I'm overwhelmed.

Nevertheless, I'm keeping up with my healthy lifestyle, aside from a flu bug that has hit my household this week. I've been running on the treadmill, and even ran at the gym. Now for anyone who has never been overweight: that is a huge HUGE milestone. I even felt good running, I don't know how I looked to the other patrons...but I worked it! LOL

I really find that book "Woman, Food and God" has REALLY helped me in the eating department. It's so strange, but for the first time in my life...there is a different aura to food and eating for me. It's slowly paying off on the scale with a four pound deficit. Nonetheless, the strange part is; I don't care. It's just a number...but in a good way, not in the way where I would be in denial about my weight. More in the sense, that I am more than just a number. Release and let go...it does make sense and is so liberating.

Moreover, I'll tell you were my copy of the book went. I was sitting in the park reading while Carmelo was at violin and Antonio played in the park (the only time I get to read, or do schooling is either violin, guitar or soccer practice). Anyhow, I was at the park finishing the very last chapter of the book. I had tens of pages folded down with quotes I wanted to keep and re-read. A chubby woman walked by and noticed the book I was reading: "...oh, I saw that book on Oprah, I've been meaning to go buy it...is it worth it?" EVERY PENNY!!!

The woman was clearly overwhelmed with her five children under the age of 10. She looked worn, and stretched to her limits. I saw a reflection of the old me in her, and I wanted to give her a ray of hope. So, I immediately finished as fast as I could the chapter. As we left the park, I walked up to her and handed the book. "Enjoy, this book has helped me...you'll love it!" The woman got teary, and all she could say was 'thank you...wow...you are so kind, I've been wanting the book, but couldn't go purchase it."

Be well, and remember to pay it forward!




No comments: